Delicious and juicy roulade with crispy skin and intense flavor of dried tomatoes and fresh herbs. Perfect for a family lunch or dinner for two. It’s a good idea for chicken breast if you’re bored with traditional fried chicken.
In this recipe, we use juicy chicken breasts that are pounded to make thin fillets. Then we stuff them with creamy mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes, which add a distinct flavor.
Wrap the whole thing with slices of smoked bacon, which during baking gives the dish an intense aroma and a crispyness. From 1 chicken breast you will prepare a wrap for 2 people.
You can wrap the rolls even a few hours before baking and store them in the fridge. Thanks to this, the meat in the oven will certainly keep its shape and you will be able to put it in the oven at a convenient time, e.g. just before guests arrive.
My trick – put the meat in a cold oven! Thanks to putting the roulade in a cold oven, the fat from the bacon will melt slowly, and the skin will not be greasy, but very crispy.
This stuffed chicen is not only full of flavor, but also looks impressive and elegant. In addition, its preparation is not as complicated as it may seem. Even novice cooks can prepare it. To make it easier, below the recipe you will find a video on how to prepare it step by step.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken
Easy Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 125 g mozzarella
- 200 g bacon slices
- 1 handful fresh herbs (such as basil, Cuban oregano or spinach)
- Clean the chicken breast and cut it lengthwise. Do not cut the breast all the way through (as for Chicken Kiev). Spread the meat so that there is a flat fillet on the board. Place the chicken between pieces of cling film. Smash the meat as you would for pork chops.2 chicken breasts
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the pulled meat. Arrange fresh herbs on the meat, then arrange alternating slices of mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes. Wrap the chicken (check out how to do it in the video below).100 g sun-dried tomatoes, 125 g mozzarella, salt, pepper, 1 handful fresh herbs
- Put the bacon slices on the foil. Arrange the slices so that they overlap so that no hole is created when wrapping the meat. Place the chicken roulade on top of the laid layer of bacon and wrap again, helping yourself with cling film. Wrapped in bacon and foil, tie the roulade and put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes (or longer). This will allow the meat to hold its shape.200 g bacon slices
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator, gently unwrap it from the foil and place it in an ovenproof dish. Place in a cold oven (to slowly infuse the bacon fat) and bake for 45-50 minutes at 200 °C (392 °F). Allow the roulade to cool a little before slicing it.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet