The recipe for firm, delicate, well-seasoned zucchini pancakes is a perfect proposition for a summer dinner. This is a cheap and quick dish that will satisfy not only vegetarians but and all vegetable lovers. Zucchini adds delicacy and lightness to the pancakes, and the addition of curry adds character. These pancakes only take a minute to prepare, so they’re great as a quick lunch or snack.
What is worth knowing before preparing them?
It is best to use young zucchini-small. It contains less water, so it takes less time to drain it. If you are using a large zucchini, remove the seeds. You can carve them with a knife or hollow them out with a spoon.
Wash the zucchini thoroughly, you do not need to peel it. Zucchini is best grated on the coarse holes of a grater. So grated zucchini should be sprinkled with salt and put into a sieve. Leave it for a few minutes. Thanks to the salt, the zucchini will start releasing juice. There will be less water in the pancakes and they will not be soggy.
Chopped onion with garlic is worth frying before adding to pancakes. This will make them sweeter. If I add raw onions to pancakes, it probably won’t fry. It will be crispy and sharp. But if you like the taste of raw onion, you don’t have to fry it 😉
What’s the best way to fry pancakes? First, preheat the pan well. Put the batter only on well-heated rapeseed oil. Fry the pancakes over medium heat for a few minutes on both sides.
You can make thick or thin pancakes. Depends what you prefer. If you fry thicker pancakes, you need to fry them longer on a lower heat. So that the pancakes are not burnt but at the same time ready inside.
If you prefer more dense pancakes or if your zucchini had more water, you can add more flour to them. You can also add more fiber and texture to the pancakes by adding 2-3 tablespoons of bran or oatmeal to the batter.
It is worth putting the fried pancakes on a paper towel to get rid of excess fat.
They taste good with a spoonful of sour cream or yogurt-based sauce. They will also go well with goulash with meat or veggie.
Read the step-by-step recipe on how to prepare zuchinni pancakes and watch the video below the recipe.
Also subscribe to the SaltedPasta channel on YouTube and subscribe to the newsletter so you don’t miss a single recipe!
Zucchini Pancakes Recipe
- 1 small zucchini (or ½ large zucchini)
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp curry powder
- oil (for frying)
- Grate 1 small zucchini on a grater. Sprinkle it with salt, mix, put it in a strainer and set it aside for a few minutes. If you are using a large zucchini, hollow out the seed nests first. You can peel the zucchini but you don't have to.1 small zucchini, salt
- Chop the onion and garlic. Fry them in a frying pan until the onions are glazed (they become slightly translucent and soft).1 onion, 2 cloves garlic, oil
- Drain excess water from zucchini. In a bowl mix zucchini, fried onion, eggs, flour and spices. Mix.3 tbsp flour, 2 eggs, pepper, 1 tsp dill, 1 tsp curry powder
- Put the batter on the heated pan. 1 pancake is about 1 tablespoon of batter. Fry the pancakes over medium heat for a few mints on each side until golden. Put the fried pancakes on paper towel to get rid of excess fat.oil
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet