Very easy to prepare snacks made of puff pastry. These little snails are perfect for New Year’s Eve or any other party. Are you looking for an easy recipe for quick finger food? They are good both cold and warm.
You can take them to work or school and their preparation takes only 5 minutes and 20 minutes of baking. They are very simple to prepare. You only need a few ingredients that you probably already have at home. They are very filling and tasty. This is one of the best and quickest snacks you can prepare at home. You can add your favorite vegetables or just add some cheese. They always turn out delicious!
Below you will find a simple recipe for puff pastry rolls, which you can change depending on what you like and what you have in the fridge.
How you can modify the recipe for pizza roll-ups:
- As a sauce, you can use a mixture of ketchup with tomato paste, ketchup alone or tomato puree. You can also prepare a white sauce by spreading thick 36% cream on the pastry with a bit of nutmeg, garlic, salt and pepper.
- You can use cheese in slices or in one piece and grate it.
- You can use any yellow cheese or mozzarella.
- You can replace the ham with salami, pepperoni or prepare a vegetarian version.
- Instead of traditional puff pastry, you can use light puff pastry or ready-made pizza dugh or tortillas. If you use tortillas, bake them only for a few minutes so that the cheese melts but the tortilla does not burn.
- Before cutting, you can brush the top of the tortilla roll with oil to prevent the tortilla from drying out in the oven.
- You can also add corn, peppers, olives, dried tomatoes, onion or other favorite additions to the rolls.
How to reheat puff pastry pizza wheels?
You can reheat the baked rolls in the oven (180°C/356°F for approx. 5 minutes) or in the microwave or airfryer.
How to store baked puff pastry rolls with cheese?
You can put the bakes and colled rolls in an airtight container and store them in the fridge (if you don’t eat them all at once 😜).
Puff pastry pizza rolls contain gluten.
The proportions given below will give you approximately 11 rolls.
Read the step-by-step recipe on how to prepare puff pastry pinwheels and watch the video below the recipe.
Also subscribe to the SaltedPasta channel on YouTube and sign up for the newsletter so you don’t miss any recipes!
Puff Pastry Pizza Rolls with Ham and Cheese
Puff Pastry Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 pack puff pastry (or pizza dough)
- 5 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic
- 150 g cheese (8 slices)
- 100 g ham (8 slices)
- 1 tsp Italian herbs (or oregano)
- Unfold the puff pastry and place it on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spread the dough with mixed ketchup, concentrate and garlic, leaving about 1-2 cm of free space from the edge of the pastry so that the filling does not fall out.1 pack puff pastry, 5 tbsp ketchup, 1 tsp tomato paste, 1 clove garlic
- First place slices of cheese on the pastry, then ham and sprinkle with your favorite additions. Finally, sprinkle everything with a mixture of Italian herbs or oregano.150 g cheese, 100 g ham, 1 tsp Italian herbs
- Roll the prepared puff pastry into a roll and cut it into slices about 2-3 cm thick. Place the rolls flat on baking paper and put them in an oven preheated to 180 °C (356 °F) and bake for approx. 20 minutes. If you want, you can brush the snails with beaten egg before putting them in the oven. This will make the pastry shine beautifully. The baked rolls are ready to be served.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet