Recipe for a delicious cake without eggs, without baking, without yeast. A tart with an oreo cookie base, a layer of chocolate ganache and a simple fruity cream. You can prepare the cake in 20-30 minutes and then just chill it in the fridge and it’s ready. If you use ready-made jam instead of preparing your own, you can prepare the cake even in 15 minutes!
To prepare the fruit cream, you can use any fruit (those that can be combined with gelatin), e.g. blueberries, currants, raspberries, strawberries or bananas.
You can use both fresh fruit and frozen.
If you have little time you can use ready-made jam, e.g. currant jam, instead of fruit.
If you prepare the cake in the summer and the temperature outside the window is 30 ° C, you can add more gelatin to the jam, thanks to which the cake will not melt in high temperature, if you intend to prepare it for an outdoor party.
What do you need to remember?
The only “difficulty” you may encounter while preparing this recipe is whipping the cream. Remember not to beat the cream to become butter, you need to feel the moment when you need to reduce the mixer speed and add jam to it.
What to do to prevent the cream from curdling?
Cream and mascarpone must be very well chilled. You can also refrigerate the mixer bowl and whisk to be sure.
How to make a crust without baking?
To make the crust without baking, just crush any cookies that are quite brittle and crunchy and mix the crumbs with melted butter. Butter can be replaced with e.g. coconut oil or chocolate. It is important to “glue” the crumbs with something that will harden in the refrigerator.
The crust must have enough butter not to crumble, but not too much so that it is not too greasy. If you use dry biscuits like digestive or cantuccini, you will need to add more butter than when using cream biscuits such as oreo.
Ready cookie mass is enough to put on a form, carefully stick the crust to the form and put it in the fridge for a few minutes for the crust to harden.
The no-bake cake is ideal for vegetarians, flexitarians and pescatarians.
The following proportions yield a tart with a diameter of 32 cm.
Read the step-by-step recipe on how to prepare a no-bake tart with blackberries and watch the video below the recipe.
Also subscribe to the SaltedPasta channel on YouTube and subscribe to the newsletter so you don’t miss a single recipe!
No-Bake Blackberry Cake
No-bake Oreo Fruit Tart
- 352 g Oreo cookies (2 boxes)
- 150 g butter
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 330 ml heavy cream (30% fat)
- 250 g mascarpone
- 250 ml heavy cream (30% fat)
- 1-2 tbsp gelatine
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 500 g fruits (e.g. blackberries)
- Crush the Oreos into powder using a food processor or blender. Add melted butter to the crushed cookies. Mix thoroughly and line the tart mold with the mass. Put the mold lined with buttered biscuits in the fridge for a few minutes.352 g Oreo cookies, 150 g butter
- While the crust is chilling in the fridge, prepare the chocolate layer. Melt the chocolate with the cream. Don't boil! Stir until the chocolate melts and a smooth chocolate "coating" is formed.Pour the ganache on the cooled cookie crust and put it back in the fridge.300 g dark chocolate, 330 ml heavy cream
- First, prepare the blackberry jam. Pour the gelatin and 2 tablespoons of cold water into a small bowl. Stir and set aside until the gelatin swells. Pour blackberries and sugar into the pan. Cook for about 10 minutes, then turn off the burner. Then add the swollen gelatin and mix with the hot blackberries until the gelatin dissolves. Blend and set aside to cool.1-2 tbsp gelatine, 2 tbsp cold water, 4 tbsp sugar, 500 g fruits
- When the jam has cooled slightly, start making the cream. Add chilled heavy cream and mascarpone to the mixing bowl. Beat until stiff cream. Then turn the mixer down and slowly add the blackberry jam. Stir until combined.Spread the blackberry cream on the chilled cake. Then put it in the fridge for min. 2h.When the fruity cream has set, the cake is ready to serve.250 g mascarpone, 250 ml heavy cream
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet