Herring in cream is a quick recipe that you can make in 20 minutes. If you like herring then you should try it, here the flavor of the fish combines with the sweetness of the apple and the delicate texture of the cream. I usually make this as a side dish for dinner but it is also a traditional Christmas Eve dish in my house.
Herring in sour cream
Recipe for herring in sour cream
- 1 onion
- 300 g herring fillets from the jar
- 1 apple
- 1 tsp sugar
- 200 g sour cream 18%
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Chop a large onion. Add a tsp. of sugar, then mix well. Then pour boiling water to the onion (this trick will make it more delicate and easy to digest). Drain the onions after a minute.1 onion, 1 tsp sugar
- Peel and grate the apple.1 apple
- Cut herring fillets into small pieces.300 g herring fillets
- Mix sour cream and mayonnaise in a bowl. Add herring, apple and onion. Season with pepper, salt and fresh dill. Mix all the ingredients and voilà.200 g sour cream 18%, 1 tbsp mayonnaise, pepper, salt, dill
- Serve with potatoes or bread.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet