A simple chocolate cookies that you can prepare in just a few minutes. Very quick eggless cookies that even a child can prepare. Perfect as a gift, for the holidays or as a quick dessert. Slightly spicy thanks to the addition of chili. If you prefer very spicy cookies, you can add more of it or omit it completely to prepare sweet chocolate cookies. They are an excellent base for chocolate cookies with various additions.
What can I replace chili with?
You can replace the chili powder with fresh chopped chili or chili flakes. If you don’t like spicy cookies, you can replace the chili with ginger, orange peel or gingerbread spice. You can also not add any spices then you will get traditional chocolate cookies.
What to make cookies with?
In addition to spices, you can also add nuts, candies, e.g. M&M’s, or pieces of milk or white chocolate to chocolate cookies. Such cookies can also be layered with cream, e.g. chocolate, vanilla or peanut butter.
How to bake cookies?
Bake the cookies at 180 °C (356°F) for approx. 8 minutes. The baked cookies will be soft, but will harden when they cool down. The cookies will spread on the baking tray while baking, so they need to be placed far apart.
Why didn’t the cookies spread?
If the cookies did not flatten and remained compact balls, the butter was probably too cold. Try to take the butter out of the fridge a few hours in advance to make sure it is soft, or heat it in the microwave for a few seconds. It is also a good idea to mix the cookie dough by hand to additionally heat the butter. The mass should be soft and sticky. If, despite this, the cookies do not spill, you may have added too much cocoa, try adding a flat spoon, not a heaped one. The “harder” and less malleable the dough is, the greater the probability that the cookies will not spread. If you want to get very flat cookies, you can also use melted butter. If the cookies don’t spread anyway, don’t worry. This does not affect their taste. They are still delicious 😀.
Cookies that can be prepared in advance?
Cookies stored in an airtight container stay fresh for several days. They do not need to be stored in the refrigerator. You can successfully prepare them a few days in advance.
Chocolate chili cookies are perfect for people on a vegetarian, flexitarian and pescatarian diet. Chocolate cookies contain gluten.
The proportions given below make approximately 15 large cookies.
Read the step-by-step recipe on how to prepare chocolate cookies and watch the video below the recipe.
Also subscribe to the SaltedPasta channel on YouTube and sign up for the newsletter so you don’t miss any recipes!
Chili Chocolate Cookies
Chili Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 100 g flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (extra dark)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 40 g dark muscovado sugar
- 50 g butter (soft)
- ⅓ tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 100 g dark chocolate
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl ,at the end add the chopped chocolate and knead the dough with your hand until the ingredients are combined.100 g flour, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, ½ tsp cinnamon, 40 g dark muscovado sugar, 50 g butter, ⅓ tsp chili powder, 2 tbsp honey, 100 g dark chocolate, salt
- Form the dough into balls the size of a walnut and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Leave plenty of space between the balls as the dough will spread due to the temperature. Flatten the balls slightly with your hand.
- Place the cookies in the oven preheated to 180 °C (356 °F) and bake for approx. 8 minutes. The baked cookies will be very soft. They need to cool and harden before you try to pick them up.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet