Crispy chicken in cornflakes – delicious, crunchy and golden pieces that you can prepare in no time! Are you wondering how to make crispy chicken breasts? Chicken in cornflakes is the crispiest dish you can imagine! These delicious strips are perfect for dinner or as a tasty snack. You can also cut them into smaller pieces to make nuggets and serve them with your favorite sauce. Here is a simple recipe for these unique cutlets.
I like to fry them in a pan, but you can also bake them in the oven. All you have to do is put the pieces of chicken on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in an oven heated to 180°C (356°F) for about 20 minutes. And if you have an Airfryer, you can easily prepare them in it.
Now, the most important part – cornflakes. Put them in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin or meat mallet. We want to get different sized pieces, so it’s better to crush them by hand than to use a grinder. Then just coat the chicken pieces in the crumbled flakes, as with breaded pork chops, that’s it!
These delicious strips are perfect for lunch or as a tasty snack. You can also cut them into smaller pieces to make some chicken nuggets and serve them with your favorite dip.
To make chicken in corn flakes gluten-free, simply replace wheat flour with corn flour. The proportions given below will yield approximately 12 nuggets.
Read the step-by-step recipe on how to prepare chicken in corn flakes and watch the video below the recipe. Also subscribe to the SaltedPasta channel on YouTube and sign up for the newsletter so you don’t miss any recipes!
This is a really quick and simple recipe for crispy chicken cutlets in cornflakes! Read the recipe and check how to prepare them in the video below.
Chicken in Cornflakes
Crunchy Chicken in Corn Flakes Recipe
- 1 chicken breast
- 150 g Corn flakes
- 6 tbsp flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- oil (for frying)
- Clean the chicken breast and cut into smaller pieces (10-12 pieces). Spread the pieces on a board between 2 pieces of foil or put them in a bag (this way you will avoid splashing :)). Pound the chicken with a meat mallet, this will make the chicken crispier and it'll cook faster.1 chicken breast
- Put the cornflakes in a ziplock bag and close it (leave the air out). Then crush the flakes with a rolling pin or meat mallet to get smaller and larger pieces of flakes. Pour the ready coating into a deep plate or bowl in which you will bread the meat.150 g Corn flakes
- Pour the flour and spices into the 1st plate and mix. Pour 3 eggs into the 2nd plate and mix them with a fork. Place the crushed cornflakes on the 3rd plate.6 tbsp flour, 3 eggs, salt, pepper, ½ tsp granulated garlic, ½ tsp sweet paprika
- Coat the chicken pieces first in flour, then in egg and finally in flakes.
- Fry the breaded cutlets in hot oil on both sides until golden. Before you put the chops in the pan, put the corn flakes in the oil, if it starts to sizzle and you can see bubbles around it, the oil is hot and you can put the chops in. Fry the chops on a low heat so as not to burn the flakes. Fry on both sides for a few minutes and put on a paper towel to get rid of excess fat.oil
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
How to make McDonald’s chicken nuggets?
Chicken from McDonald’s or KFC is breaded only in flour and spices, but in my opinion, chicken in cornflejkas is much tastier and crispier!
How to make juicy chicken nuggets?
If you want the nuggets to be juicy, cut them into pieces about 1-2 cm thick, do not smash them and fry them in hot oil! Remember that thicker pieces take longer to fry, so you must be especially careful not to burn the breading.
What is cornflake breading for?
You can use corn flakes to prepare chicken breasts, chicken tenders, drumsticks, wings, turkey cutlets or even pork chops or pieces of fish!
How to make chicken breast in cornflakes? How to bread cutlets in cornflakes? How to make cornflake breading for chicken?
Clean the chicken breasts and cut into smaller pieces. Coat in flour and spices. Then dip in the beaten egg and finally add the cornflakes and cover the meat thoroughly with the flakes. The petals should be smaller and larger. We don’t grind them into dust.
Why smash the chicken?
There is no need to break up the chicken because it is delicate, but if you do:
- you will get more pieces – the surface of the meat will be larger
- the chicken will fry faster – thin pieces
- more crispy breading – more thin pieces means more breading
How to make double breading?
If you want to make chicken or pork chops in double breading, just put the breaded cutlet back into the egg and then into the flakes (bread crumbs) and the double breading is ready.
How long does it take to bake chicken in cornflakes?
You can bake or fry chicken in cornflakes. The baked version will definitely contain less fat. The baking time of the chicken will depend on how small you cut the pieces. The smaller and thinner the pieces, the faster they will bake. Bake the chicken at 180-200°C (356-392°F). Bake small nuggets for approx. 15-20 minutes. Large pieces may take up to 40-50 minutes to bake. When baking with a fan, remember that the meat will be ready faster but it is also easier to burn the flakes, so you need to be careful. Do not cover the chicken to make it crispy.
How to grind cornflakes?
You can grind cornflakes in a food processor. However, it is best to do it by hand because we want to obtain pieces of different sizes. You can put them into a bag and crush them with a rolling pin or a meat mallet, or crush them with your hands. You can also crush them in a mortar, but you will have to do it in batches (unless you have a large enough mortar 😉).
What flakes are best for nuggets?
Any corn flakes will work for nuggets, they don’t have to be original corn flakes. I use regular, unsweetened flakes, but if you like sweet coatings, honey corn flakes may be a great option.
How to make chicken breast in oats?
You can prepare chicken in oat flakes in exactly the same way as in cornflakes, except that the oat flakes do not need to be crushed. You can bread the nuggets in them right away.
What can I use instead of cornflakes for nuggets? What to make breading for chicken? What to use instead of breadcrumbs? What can you coat chicken breast in? What to use for breading instead of breadcrumbs? How to make chicken breast without breadcrumbs?
You can prepare the breading for cutlets, drumsticks, wings or nuggets from:
- breadcrumbs or ground bread
- yeast flakes
- flour, e.g. wheat, potato, corn
- coconut flakes
- biscuits, digestive cookies
- dough, e.g. pancake, tempura
- dried herbs (oregano, basil, parsley, lovage, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, celery leaves)
What can you make with corn flakes?
Corn flakes are not only good for breakfast with milk or as a crispy coating for meat. Additionally, you can use cornflakes to make:
- crisp for the cake
- candy bars
- no-bake cake base
- corn flour, e.g. for tacos or empanadas