The best carrot cake recipe that always turns out well. Carrot cake that does not fall, is moist and aromatic. You can grate the carrot and pineapple or squeeze the juice and use the pulp! This cake is a great way to use carrot juice waste. This carrot cake tastes great with cream cheese frosting.
What should you put into the carrot cake?
You can layer the carrot cake or spread some cream cheese frosting on top.
What can I replace cream cheese with?
Instead of making icing with butter, powdered sugar and cream cheese, you can whip mascarpone with powdered sugar.
How long can carrot cake last?
Store the carrot cake with icing in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. A cake without icing or cream does not have to be stored in the refrigerator. Just cover them and keep them on the kitchen counter.
How to check if the carrot cake is baked?
To make sure that the carrot cake is baked inside, insert a wooden stick in the middle of the cake – if the stick comes out dry, it means that the cake is ready and you can remove it from the oven.
Carrot cake is perfect for people on a vegetarian, flexitarian and pescatarian diet. Carrot cake contains gluten.
The proportions given below make a round cake with a diameter of approx. 24 cm.
Read the step-by-step recipe on how to prepare carrot cake and watch the video below the recipe.
Also subscribe to the SaltedPasta channel on YouTube and sign up for the newsletter so you don’t miss any recipes!
In the recipe I use the Hurom H320N slow juicer, which was provided to me by Hurom Polska. As part of advertising cooperation, I show what juices and dishes can be prepared with it.
Carrot Cake Recipe
- 100 g fresh pineapple (or apples)
- 200 g carrots
- 200 g flour
- 200 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice (ground)
- 50 g coconut flakes
- 100 g walnuts
- 12 g sugar with vanilla
- 50 g butter (soft)
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 135 g cream cheese
- Grate the carrots and pineapple on a fine mesh grater. If you are using a slow juicer you will need about 500 g of carrots and 800 g of peeled pineapple to get 300 g of pulp.100 g fresh pineapple, 200 g carrots
- Sift flour with baking soda and baking powder into a bowl. Add the spices and salt. Add eggs, oil, sugar, sugar with vanilla, grated carrot and pineapple (or pulp), coconut shreds and chopped walnuts. Mix all the ingredients for the combined.200 g flour, 200 g sugar, 3 eggs, ½ cup oil, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp nutmeg, ¼ tsp allspice, 50 g coconut flakes, 100 g walnuts, 12 g sugar with vanilla, salt
- Pour the batter into a baking pan lined with baking paper. Then put it in an oven preheated to 170 °C (338 °F) and bake for about 50 minutes. You can check with a stick if the cake is baked in the middle. Remove the baked cake from the oven and leave it in the pan to cool.
- With a mixer, beat the butter so that it is white and fluffy. Then add the powdered sugar, slowly spoon by spoon and then the cream cheese. Mix until the ingredients are combined.50 g butter, 100 g powdered sugar, 135 g cream cheese
- Spread the cooled cake with cheesey frosting and the cake is ready. Enjoy!
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet