Cake pops, the most fashionable dessert of recent years, have taken sweet tables at weddings and birthday parties by storm. Delicious cake lollipops, served in an attractive form, are perfect for standing parties. They will surely impress younger fans of sweets. Maybe you will prepare them for the upcoming children’s day?
To prepare cake pops, you can use any sponge cake, pound cake, chocolate cake, lady fingers or even ready-made muffin mix. Below you will find a recipe for an easy chocolate cake. A perfect moist cake, which you can also use as, for example, a birthday cake.
You will also need pop sticks, paper, plastic or wooden ice cream sticks. To be purchased online or supermarkets. You can use sticks for skewers but the thicker ones or buy a ready-made silicone mold for cakepops or ice cream. You can also use disposable forks or wooden spoons.
Dessert in this form is perfect because you won’t get your hands dirty and you don’t need a plate to eat it. It will be great for outdoor parties or if you don’t have or don’t want to wash a lot of dishes :p The perfect candy for Children’s Day!
A cute and creative dessert. You can freely decorate the cookies with colorful sprinkles, marshmallows, candied or freeze-dried fruit, nuts, chocolate drops, mini candies, etc.
They are a great way to use up leftover cake.
Cake Pops Recipe
- 30 g extra dark cocoa
- 100 g flour
- 4 eggs (whites and yolks separately)
- 140 g sugar
- 50 ml oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 10 g vanilla sugar
- 250 g mascarpone
- 185 g jam (any kind, i used black currant)
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 300 g chocolate (any kind)
- 1 tbsp butter
- cake pops sticks
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl.Separate the whites from the yolks. Pour the egg whites into a large bowl in which you will beat the foam and the yolks into a small bowl or cup.Add oil to the yolks, mix.30 g extra dark cocoa, 100 g flour, 4 eggs, 50 ml oil, 1 tsp baking powder
- Add salt to the whites, beat until stiff, add sugar in portions, spoon by spoon, until the sugar dissolves, add sugar with real vanilla. Add the egg yolks mixed with oil to the beaten egg whites with sugar (I keep mixing with a mixer, you can also mix by hand using a whisk or a silicone spatula). Add the mixed and sifted cocoa and flour to the eggs. Add gradually spoon by spoon. Mix thoroughly and transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper. You can tap the dough on the counter a few times to get rid of air bubbles.Bake the cake in an oven preheated to 338 °F for 35 minutes.Set the baked cake aside to cool.140 g sugar, 10 g vanilla sugar, salt
- In the bowl of a mixer, mix the baked cake, jam, mascarpone and melted chocolate. Mix until smooth.Form balls the size of large nuts/ice cream scoops. Insert a stick into each ball. Place the cakepops in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.250 g mascarpone, 185 g jam, 200 g dark chocolate
- Melt the chocolate with a little butter and pour into a tall glass. Dip the cooled cakepops in the glaze so that a piece of the stick is also covered in chocolate. This will ensure the cake doesn't fall off the stick. On a cold cake, the icing will set quickly. Sprinkle the lollipop with decorations of your choice and put it aside. Place the finished cake pops in the fridge for the icing to harden completely. TIP: Drizzle the chocolate on the cake pops a few hours before serving so that the cake pops have time to thaw in the fridge if they froze while chilling in the freezer.300 g chocolate, 1 tbsp butter, cake pops sticks, sprinkles
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet